Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

The Diving Bell and the butterfly
By Jean Dominique Bauby


What I thought of the book “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”, I think that it was one of the best books that I have ever read for school but one of my personal bests maybe, like top 11. Like I really liked that it was short and I liked how it was really descriptive. I also thought that is was a little slow moving but how much faster is going to get because he is in the state he is in. I also like how he starts day dreaming on some cool things like the one with Eugenie the wife of Napoleon III, and I like on how he is making such a big deal on such a small thing for us but to him it is the best thing that has happened to him in a long time. But there are some things I did not like in this book and they were how he used big words to describe things or he would use a foreign word that I have never heard of before. And I know that it is his book and he can write it how he wants but it is a good story and if he wanted it be read by everyone he should not use so big of words. And there is this one time where he is telling about this one time when he went to grotto and he has not had his stroke yet and it was in the middle of the book and I got half way through and I realized that. So it was kind of confusing at some parts.

No comments: